This truck was a pretty nice truck...aside from the paint being ungodly ugly that is!
When I first laid my eyes on this truck, I knew it would be a great truck to teach one of our future detailing students on. It offered all the damage one could desire....if you were looking to master paint correction and learn the various steps to take in correcting such damage.
First, let's allow you to see the video. Then, down below I will address the steps taken to make this ugly Toyota pretty again!
- Naturally we performed the prep on the painted surfaces
- We then performed a Eco based wash on the truck
- Detailed the engine bay
- Prepped the surface with a prep surface prep towel
- Measured the paint
- Dry sanded as needed with various steps/grades of dry papers
- Compound step 1
- Polishing compound step 2
- Cutting polish step 3
- Polishing step 4
- Micro polish step 5
- Sealer application step 6
- Color enhancement step 7
- Final inspection
Remember, this was all performed within a training and with great guys that were new to detailing...pretty impressive!
Happy Detailing all,