If you are a talented detailer who is performing paint correction already or maybe new to Pro Level detailing and plan on performing paint correction, I would like to share with you five important factors that you should be taking into consideration.
This article is part of a series I am writing on the art of paint polishing and the synergy that takes place when paint correction is performed at the highest levels and levels that reach the goals of the best detailers worldwide.
- Tooling - Knowing the right tool for the job at hand. As professional detailers, we have so many options for paint correction tooling, it can make your head spin. Part of your selection process should be performance, abilities, the tools comfort level within your hands and of course, your preference.
- Tool Speed - Knowing the right speed setting for the tool of choice. In recent years, techniques have changed, as have the need for speed. Knowing both the tools capabilities and your own capabilities with the tool are factors you need to consider.
- Arm Speed - The correct arm speed over the polishing zone is critical and many detailers make the mistake of detailing with their arms only. Become a body detailer, using your body versus just your arms alone will be of great help. Your arm speed needs to be controlled, not to fast and certainly not to slow.
- Pad/Product Combination - Making the right pad selection and then combining that pad selection with the correct correction is a vital step within the Systematic Detailing System. Many modern day products aggressiveness can be adjusted and changed greatly by evaluating your pad options. Today, we not only have foam and wool pads, but microfiber and other materials are now being utilized that bring many more options to the products we are utilizing.
- Paint Correction Zone Sizing - The size of area you are performing the correction steps needs to be sized correctly to match the tool, product, pad and expectation levels of the work you are performing.Go to large of an area and your quality drops. go to small and combine that small area with an aggressive pad, product of both and you could damage the paint system.
A Special Note - Your preparation steps such as the wash, claying and sanding steps are all important elements within your paint correction efforts. Be educated and be detailing smart and true Detailing Success can be yours! Download your free Systematic Synergy Within Proper Paint Correction below, double click the title and simply save the document to your desktop! I am pleased to offer you this item at no charge. Simply double click the red link below!